Home learning supplied by the school is intended to develop our pupils’ excitement and passion for their learning and to help parents support their children whilst at home.
Research tells us that learning and understanding are deepened through repetition and practice. Key skills such as learning times tables for maths and practice of spelling patterns can be practised at home. We firmly believe that reading should also be part of a child’s daily routine. Learning beyond the school, with or without the support of parents, enables pupils to enjoy spending time on an extended task and lets them develop their creativity.
Please click on the image or link below for a copy of the school’s remote learning provision:
Accessing Google Classroom using a Playstation4 or Xbox One:
Home learning expectations
The school will:
- Provide home learning for any child required to self-isolate at home due to coronavirus
- Read at home and/or talk about their reading to an adult for at least 20 minutes, 3 times a week or more
- Learn year group spellings or spelling patterns linked to age-related expectations
- Learn multiplication tables to increase their fluency so that they can be applied in other areas of maths and problem solving
- Undertake home learning activities linked to class lessons sent home regularly depending on the year group and age of the child
- Take part in Art / D&T research projects to develop their prior knowledge and excitement for learning new topics
- Access weekly home learning activities set for the class on Google Classroom (this will ensure that pupils are confident and competent to access teaching remotely from home should this be required in the future due to periods of self-isolation or full school closure imposed by the government)
- Use their home learning exercise book provided by the school to complete any remote learning/home learning tasks which cannot be completed online
In addition to our remote learning platform Google Classroom, the following list has been created with websites to further support learning.
All the websites are secure, trustworthy and age-appropriate