PLEASE NOTE: The school website is currently being updated. If you need help finding any information, please contact the school.
Welcome from the Headteacher
At Cheetwood we provide an orderly and caring community in which all pupils can learn and understand, in a happy and secure atmosphere. We seek to give encouragement to learners of all abilities to develop a sense of purpose and confidence, which will provide a secure foundation for their later education.
The family atmosphere of the school indicates the value we put upon a co-operative relationship between child, staff and parents/carers.
The multicultural nature of the school population and its inner-city locality close to the heart of Manchester are a constant source of inspiration for the pupils’ work and activities. In 2018 Ofsted commented that “Work to promote the pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is highly effective. Pupils’ understanding of fundamental British values is exceptional. Leaders value the richness of beliefs, cultures and experiences of pupils and staff.”
The curriculum we provide has had much attention spent on it to ensure that it delivers the legal requirements as set out in both the Early Years Foundation and National Curriculums and is also relevant to the needs and experiences of our inner-city children. We have significantly re-worked the Y1 to Y6 curriculum so that it meets the requirements of the challenging National Curriculum which became statutory in September 2014.
“Teaching and the design of the curriculum develop pupils’ knowledge of the local and wider community. Extra curricular activities, such as sport and charity work enhance pupils’ learning.” Ofsted 2018.
During the 2020/2021 academic year we will review our curriculum again to ensure it is still fit for purpose, is ambitious for all pupils (reflecting all needs and all abilities) and prepares them well for the next stage in life.
We have close links with high schools in North Manchester area, as well as Salford and Bury, essential for the smooth transition from Primary to Secondary education.
This school offers a happy and secure foundation for your child’s education, based upon a set of core values. Cheetwood is a school with high aspirations. In 2018 Ofsted judged Cheetwood as good, stating “This is a highly inclusive school, where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. Pupils enjoy school and are very keen to learn”.
We welcome you to our school community.
Please do not send your child to school if they
- Have symptoms of the virus (cough, temperature, loss of taste/smell)
- Have tested positive for the virus
- Live with or have come into close contact with someone who has symptoms or has tested positive for the virus
Please contact the school if your child is not going to be in, so you can explain their absence and you can be advised on the next steps to take.
Here is a reminder of all of the additional protective measures we have in place in school to reduce the risk of transmission of the virus:
- Pupils will be in class ‘bubbles’ but the bubbles won’t mix
- Play times and dinner times will be staggered to keep bubbles separate
- There will be regular and thorough hand washing throughout the day
- There will be sanitising stations in every classroom and in other areas of the school
- Enhanced cleaning of the school building and equipment will be in place
- All internal work areas will be well ventilated (but still kept at an appropriate temperature to keep pupils and staff comfortable)
- Visitors onto the school site will be strictly limited (and for the moment this will continue to include parents/carers)
- All adults on the school site (staff, parents, visitors) will observe 2 metres social distancing
- We will follow strict step by step procedures, provided by Public Health England, if anyone in school develops COVID-19 symptoms
Please note, there will still be no requirement for primary school aged children to wear a face mask/face covering whilst in school.
COVID RISK ASSESSMENT
Because you are not able to pop to school office or see your child’s teacher easily at the moment, if there is anything you need, please call the school office on 0161 834 2104, or email email@example.com or email your child’s teacher directly.
MRS OXTON, HEADTEACHER